Friday, October 31, 2008

Freedom # 4, Amusement Parks


Amusement Parks I love roller coasters! The older the better; give me a rickety wooden roller coaster over the new shiny ones any day. There’s something about the nostalgia of them that makes me smile. I couldn’t remember the last time I actually squeezed into one of those seats. Just the idea of standing in line waiting to possibly not fit, just gave me the chills. I couldn’t put myself through that, I had decided…. so I didn’t go. Just too humiliating. So, now at 120lbs lighter…. the opportunity presented itself. A trip with our friends and kids to Elitch Gardens for the day. I was thrilled, I couldn’t wait! My friend and I headed straight for that beauty; the only wooden coaster in the park. I saw the seats, and they were small…. I questioned my decision, but moved forward. I closed my eyes, and sat down. Perfect fit! No problem at all…. How exciting! My friend, Melanie knew this was on my “freedom list” so was (I believe) as excited as I, and off we went…. laughing hysterically the whole time; it was the kind of laugh that makes your face hurt. It was amazing, magical, and thrilling. We had a blast. I was and am no longer held back by fear or weight. I am living.

2 comments:

Smith Family said...

That was such an awesome moment to share with you!

Anonymous said...

I can’t even begin to tell you how much your posts have inspired me!!! I’m so very proud of you and your accomplishment in losing weight. YOU GO GIRL!!

I’ll be making up my own freedom list this weekend - what a wonderful idea!!!

Thank you for being you, being honest, and putting yourself “out there”!

Jeannie

My Blog Awards!

My Blog Awards!

Followers