Monday, February 9, 2009

Not Me! Monday!


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by the fabulous MckMama. If you'd like to participate, feel free to head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have "not" been doing this week.

I did not bribe my son with one of the candy bars I bought my husband, just for some peace and quiet.

I did not bath the puppy in the sink with the other two dogs looking at me like I was about to cook said puppy for dinner. Puppy did not procede to run around the house like he was chasing rabbits for the next two hours. Why do dogs do this after baths? Is it like air drying?

My husband and I did not spend an hour last night attempting to figure out why every morning and every evening there is strange condensation on the walk up to the front door, only to discover it's from the ice melt that we put out over 1 week ago. We did not in this hour, run ever faucet in the house attempting to duplicate the "issue". I am not thanking my neighbor Melanie for offering up the "ice melt" theory. Why has this never happened before? Soooo weird.

I did not contemplate trading in my current vehicle because of a loose ignition switch that cost less than $100 to fix. I did not really want a xterra or a bug and was dreaming that this would be my way out of the envoy. So close....

I did not stay off of my computer for over 24 hours this weekend in an attempt to get some "real" work done at home and allow my family to have some time with just me.... and not me and my laptop.

I did not wonder in those 24 hours what my bloggy neighbors were up to and hope they all had a great weekend!

22 comments:

Heatherlyn said...

I can NOT relate to bribing my kids with candy to acheive some peace and quiet on occassion. :)

I don't know why dogs run around like that after a bath. Dogs are wierd.

I'm glad you had a lovely weekend.

Christie said...

Bribery is AWESOME!!

How did you stay off the computer that long, I think I would be in DT's...

Thanks for the well wishes on my blog!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like such a wonderful weekend. Were the dogs really looking at you that funny? I can just picture their quizzical expressions. :)

Sarah said...

Bribing kids? No way! Love that the dog air drys :)

Wayne said...

Great not me monday, thats alot for a ignition stich.


I was also wondering Would you like to take part in Tribute tuesday?. It's a blog I made and its a chance to say thankyou to that some one in your life who has made the world a better place for you. It has mr linky so the world can see your tribute to that special person

Diane said...

I tried to give Ryan some time with Mommy and not Mommy-and-her-laptop this weekend, too! It wasn't THAT hard... sort of.

Queenie Jeannie said...

I hear you on the bribing! It works and the kids KNOW when to wear us down!!

I didn't post much at all this weekend, (Alex was home!!), or reply to any emails. I missed you guys even though I was having fun!

Debbie said...

24 hours! That is a very long time. And who hasn't bribed their kids with candy?

Anonymous said...

I always thought the dogs just felt so good after their bath that they couldn't help themselves. I can tell when my Oliver is past due for a bath...he just looks miserable. Since he has hair like people he really needs one every 4 days... and no I did NOT let him go almost 2 weeks recently...

Coco

Deb said...

this was cute! i stayed off this weekend, too, and was wondering the same thing the whole time! now i am catching up and i am not sure i am going to get to everybody!

my pups do the whole running and shaking and rolling around after baths, too. wet dog fur everywhere!

Jen said...

I have done the stay away thing too and of course I alway wonder what's going on with the bloggy peeps.

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

Bribing!!!! Ha....I do that on a daily basis! Anything to have a minute or two of peace!

And the computer thing...good for you. I have tried that but have yet to be successful!

Jennifer said...

Great NMMs. I am going to need a bloggy break.

Mommynightowl said...

bribery is definitely the only way to get things done sometimes. I've had to bribe my daughter with bubbles in her bath all week to pry her away from noggin

Sera said...

I just wanted to stop by and thank you for checking out my blog and for following - I get so stinkin' excited every time I get a new follower - yay! Have a fabulous day. :)

Anonymous said...

Denise you have been tagged. Come on over to my site to see the details.

Coco

blognut said...

You must have been physically and emotionall NOT exhausted.

Michelle said...

I'll never judge you for bribing, because I'm equally as guilty! Bribe on, my dear friend.

Oh yeah, I had the same problem with the ignition switch on my Hoe. But, my car decides to stop shifting when said switch is going out, so we dumped all this money into the transmission, when it was just a $50 part for the ignition switch! GRRRRRRR

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the list. I had a hard time with it. I went into the Marines because I lived in BFE in Louisiana and wanted to get out. I didn't know of any other way to do it. Small world and didn't know people in other places. It was fun and I am glad I did it. Honestly, I think everyone should at least go through boot camp these days. They need to learn about challenges, responsibility and humility and respect.

I look forward to reading your list.

Coco

Anonymous said...

My dogs run around like that too and it is so funny but mind boggling as to why they do it!

I am glad you had a great weekend!

Sera said...

Thanks for stopping by for my writer's workshop post - when you wrote about Liz Lemon it totally made me think of the way Oprah said it when she was on the show. :)

MaricrisG said...

My hubby has been telling me to take a day off from my laptop for a day each week. Not sure I can do it but I need to :)

My Blog Awards!

My Blog Awards!

Followers